Eligibility & Qualifications
Sunshine Brooks Foundation offers scholarships for tuition up
to a maximum of $1,500 for the year. No repayment
is required except if the award is not used for the purposes
- Scholarships will be awarded to individuals who reside in the
USA and are employees or children of employees of Costco Wholesale.
Individuals who are grandchildren, nieces or nephews of Costco
employees are not eligible.
- Spouses of Costco Wholesale employees are not eligible unless
they are also employed by Costco Wholesale.
- Employees must be actively employed by Costco Wholesale at the
time the annual awards are distributed, typically in August.
- Scholarships are for one (1) year only. An individual
who receives an award may apply for a second scholarship.
There is no automatic renewal and applicants may only receive
a total of two (2) awards.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an academic program in an accredited college or
- Applicants must submit a completed application, including
all required attachments no later than May 1, 2018 in order
to be considered.
- A minimum 3.50 Grade Point Average is required to apply.
- Due to the competitive nature of this program, not all applicants
who meet the qualifications and/or selection criteria will receive an award.
- Performance as a Costco employee or financial need will have
no bearing on the selection for an award.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail before August
MAIL ALL APPLICATION ITEMS AS ONE PACKAGE. DO
NOT MAIL TRANSCRIPTS, LETTERS, ETC. SEPARATELY.
Please note that Registered or Certified Mail, Fed-Ex and Airborne Packages will not be
accepted at the P.O. Box. All applications must be sent via regular U.S. Mail
or they will be returned.
MAY 1, 2018
APPLICATION TO :
THE SUNSHINE BROOKS FOUNDATION
ATTN: MICHAEL KEARNEY
POST OFFICE BOX 2728
EL CAJON, CA 92021